AcasăEurope NewsMore than 220 insurance claims filed due to storm destruction this April

More than 220 insurance claims filed due to storm destruction this April

Published on

No less than 223 home and company insurance claims were filed this April following the destruction caused by storms early this month, shows an analysis carried out by the National Union of Romanian Insurers and Reinsurers (UNSAR).

According to the cited source, 80 percent of these damage claims were approved based on the relevant home insurance contracts, while the remaining 20 percent were notified on the basis of business-owned property and asset insurance policies.

UNSAR mentions that storms are among the risks Romanians fear the most when thinking about their homes. Thus, according to the latest sociological survey carried out by IRES at the request of UNSAR, 3 in 10 Romanians fear that their home could be affected by a storm at some point.

„Claim payouts alone under home insurance contracts stood at approximately 100,000 euros per calendar day. It is therefore very important to protect our homes by taking out an insurance policy,” said Alina Barbulescu, UNSAR Property & Casualty insurance expert.

Since 2007, UNSAR is a full member of the European Insurance and Reinsurance Federation – Insurance Europe. Insurance represents a key sector of the Romanian economy, contributing to its development. UNSAR insurer members pay roughly 5.2 million euros in compensation every calendar day.

AGERPRES

Latest articles

We want Bavarian big companies from automotive and aerospace industries to invest in Romania (PM Ciolacu)

Bavaria represents, among the German states, the most important investor and commercial partner of...

Justice and Care Romania: Over 1,500 children, victims of human trafficking in the last 5 years

As many as 1,525 children have been identified by the Romanian authorities as victims...

Finance Ministry draws 75 million RON on Tuesday, in addition to Monday’s auction

The Ministry of Finance borrowed, on Tuesday, 75 million RON from banks, in addition...

PM Ciolacu: Come to Romania! We have not only quality football, but also spectacular tourist attractions

Prime minister Marcel Ciolacu extended an invitation to those who wish to visit Romania,...

More like this

We want Bavarian big companies from automotive and aerospace industries to invest in Romania (PM Ciolacu)

Bavaria represents, among the German states, the most important investor and commercial partner of...

Justice and Care Romania: Over 1,500 children, victims of human trafficking in the last 5 years

As many as 1,525 children have been identified by the Romanian authorities as victims...

Finance Ministry draws 75 million RON on Tuesday, in addition to Monday’s auction

The Ministry of Finance borrowed, on Tuesday, 75 million RON from banks, in addition...